Subject: CVE-2024-38579: crypto: bcm - Fix pointer arithmetic

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

crypto: bcm - Fix pointer arithmetic

In spu2_dump_omd() value of ptr is increased by ciph_key_len
instead of hash_iv_len which could lead to going beyond the
buffer boundaries.
Fix this bug by changing ciph_key_len to hash_iv_len.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-38579 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 9d12ba86f818 and fixed in 4.19.316 with commit c256b616067b
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 9d12ba86f818 and fixed in 5.4.278 with commit e719c8991c16
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 9d12ba86f818 and fixed in 5.10.219 with commit ebed0d666fa7
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 9d12ba86f818 and fixed in 5.15.161 with commit c69a1e4b419c
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 9d12ba86f818 and fixed in 6.1.93 with commit 49833a8da640
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 9d12ba86f818 and fixed in 6.6.33 with commit d0f14ae223c2
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 9d12ba86f818 and fixed in 6.8.12 with commit c0082ee42063
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 9d12ba86f818 and fixed in 6.9.3 with commit 3b7a40740f04
	Issue introduced in 4.11 with commit 9d12ba86f818 and fixed in 6.10 with commit 2b3460cbf454

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-38579
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/crypto/bcm/spu2.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c256b616067bfd6d274c679c06986b78d2402434
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e719c8991c161977a67197775067ab456b518c7b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ebed0d666fa709bae9e8cafa8ec6e7ebd1d318c6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c69a1e4b419c2c466dd8c5602bdebadc353973dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/49833a8da6407e7e9b532cc4054fdbcaf78f5fdd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d0f14ae223c2421b334c1f1a9e48f1e809aee3a0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c0082ee420639a97e40cae66778b02b341b005e5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3b7a40740f04e2f27114dfd6225c5e721dda9d57
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2b3460cbf454c6b03d7429e9ffc4fe09322eb1a9