Subject: CVE-2024-36033: Bluetooth: qca: fix info leak when fetching board id

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: qca: fix info leak when fetching board id

Add the missing sanity check when fetching the board id to avoid leaking
slab data when later requesting the firmware.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-36033 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit a7f8dedb4be2 and fixed in 6.8.10 with commit f30c37cb4549
	Issue introduced in 6.7 with commit a7f8dedb4be2 and fixed in 6.9 with commit 0adcf6be1445

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-36033
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/bluetooth/btqca.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a3dff121a7f5104c4c2d47edaa2351837ef645dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/bcccdc947d2ca5972b1e92d0dea10803ddc08ceb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ba307abed5e09759845c735ba036f8c12f55b209
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f30c37cb4549baf8377434892d520fe7769bdba7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0adcf6be1445ed50bfd4a451a7a782568f270197