Subject: CVE-2024-35948: bcachefs: Check for journal entries overruning end of sb clean section

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

bcachefs: Check for journal entries overruning end of sb clean section

Fix a missing bounds check in superblock validation.

Note that we don't yet have repair code for this case - repair code for
individual items is generally low priority, since the whole superblock
is checksummed, validated prior to write, and we have backups.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2024-35948 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.9 with commit fcdbc1d7a4b6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2024-35948
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/bcachefs/sb-clean.c
	fs/bcachefs/sb-errors_types.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fcdbc1d7a4b638e5d5668de461f320386f3002aa