Subject: CVE-2023-52883: drm/amdgpu: Fix possible null pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amdgpu: Fix possible null pointer dereference

abo->tbo.resource may be NULL in amdgpu_vm_bo_update.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52883 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 180253782038 and fixed in 6.5.9 with commit fefac8c4686f
	Issue introduced in 6.4 with commit 180253782038 and fixed in 6.6 with commit 51b79f338175

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52883
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/amdgpu/amdgpu_vm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fefac8c4686fd81fde6830c6dae32f9001d2ac28
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/51b79f33817544e3b4df838d86e8e8e4388ff684