Subject: CVE-2023-52876: clk: mediatek: clk-mt7629-eth: Add check for mtk_alloc_clk_data

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

clk: mediatek: clk-mt7629-eth: Add check for mtk_alloc_clk_data

Add the check for the return value of mtk_alloc_clk_data() in order to
avoid NULL pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52876 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 5.4.261 with commit cfa68e0ac5dc
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 5.10.201 with commit 96e9544a0c4f
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 5.15.139 with commit c4070ada5d51
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 6.1.63 with commit a540ca0aeae8
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit b20cfe007a46
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit 1639072f6260
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3b5e748615e7 and fixed in 6.7 with commit 0884393c63cc

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52876
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/clk/mediatek/clk-mt7629-eth.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cfa68e0ac5dcde43577adadf6f0f26f3b365ad68
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/96e9544a0c4faca616b3f9f4034dcd83a14e7f22
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c4070ada5d5155c8d4d17ea64bd246949889f25b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a540ca0aeae83c2f3964bcb4e383f64ce2ec1783
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b20cfe007a46f8c165d42a05c50a8d3d893e6592
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1639072f6260babd017556e9f236ca2ad589d1e7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0884393c63cc9a1772f7121a6645ba7bd76feeb9