Subject: CVE-2023-52863: hwmon: (axi-fan-control) Fix possible NULL pointer dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

hwmon: (axi-fan-control) Fix possible NULL pointer dereference

axi_fan_control_irq_handler(), dependent on the private
axi_fan_control_data structure, might be called before the hwmon
device is registered. That will cause an "Unable to handle kernel
NULL pointer dereference" error.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52863 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit 8412b410fa5e and fixed in 5.10.201 with commit 7d870088db48
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit 8412b410fa5e and fixed in 5.15.139 with commit b3e7eb23a6e9
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit 8412b410fa5e and fixed in 6.1.63 with commit 33de53a27060
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit 8412b410fa5e and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit f62b89698478
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit 8412b410fa5e and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit c49f14cc1bb1
	Issue introduced in 5.7 with commit 8412b410fa5e and fixed in 6.7 with commit 2a5b3370a1d9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52863
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hwmon/axi-fan-control.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7d870088db4863c514a7f8751cd593751983029a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b3e7eb23a6e97642ff3190431c06475d9ca1e062
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/33de53a2706066d526173dc743faf43d92c62105
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f62b8969847850ba7596cb145cc47c65ea57dae0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c49f14cc1bb12c625a1c572e8a95b6adefd4d8eb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2a5b3370a1d9750eca325292e291c8c7cb8cf2e0