Subject: CVE-2023-52844: media: vidtv: psi: Add check for kstrdup

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

media: vidtv: psi: Add check for kstrdup

Add check for the return value of kstrdup() and return the error
if it fails in order to avoid NULL pointer dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52844 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 7a7899f6f58e and fixed in 5.10.201 with commit 3387490c89b1
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 7a7899f6f58e and fixed in 5.15.139 with commit d17269fb9161
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 7a7899f6f58e and fixed in 6.1.63 with commit 5c26aae37239
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 7a7899f6f58e and fixed in 6.5.12 with commit 5cfcc8de7d73
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 7a7899f6f58e and fixed in 6.6.2 with commit a51335704a3f
	Issue introduced in 5.10 with commit 7a7899f6f58e and fixed in 6.7 with commit 76a2c5df6ca8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52844
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/media/test-drivers/vidtv/vidtv_psi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3387490c89b10aeb4e71d78b65dbc9ba4b2385b9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d17269fb9161995303985ab2fe6f16cfb72152f9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5c26aae3723965c291c65dd2ecad6a3240d422b0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5cfcc8de7d733a1137b86954cc28ce99972311ad
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a51335704a3f90eaf23a6864faefca34b382490a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/76a2c5df6ca8bd8ada45e953b8c72b746f42918d