Subject: CVE-2023-52801: iommufd: Fix missing update of domains_itree after splitting iopt_area

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

iommufd: Fix missing update of domains_itree after splitting iopt_area

In iopt_area_split(), if the original iopt_area has filled a domain and is
linked to domains_itree, pages_nodes have to be properly
reinserted. Otherwise the domains_itree becomes corrupted and we will UAF.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2023-52801 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 51fe6141f0f6 and fixed in 6.5.13 with commit 836db2e7e456
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 51fe6141f0f6 and fixed in 6.6.3 with commit fcb32111f01d
	Issue introduced in 6.2 with commit 51fe6141f0f6 and fixed in 6.7 with commit e7250ab7ca49

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2023-52801
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/iommu/iommufd/io_pagetable.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/836db2e7e4565d8218923b3552304a1637e2f28d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fcb32111f01ddf3cbd04644cde1773428e31de6a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e7250ab7ca4998fe026f2149805b03e09dc32498