Subject: CVE-2022-49028: ixgbevf: Fix resource leak in ixgbevf_init_module()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ixgbevf: Fix resource leak in ixgbevf_init_module()

ixgbevf_init_module() won't destroy the workqueue created by
create_singlethread_workqueue() when pci_register_driver() failed. Add
destroy_workqueue() in fail path to prevent the resource leak.

Similar to the handling of u132_hcd_init in commit f276e002793c
("usb: u132-hcd: fix resource leak")

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-49028 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.5 with commit 40a13e2493c9 and fixed in 5.10.158 with commit f166c62cad79
	Issue introduced in 4.5 with commit 40a13e2493c9 and fixed in 5.15.82 with commit 7109e9410992
	Issue introduced in 4.5 with commit 40a13e2493c9 and fixed in 6.0.12 with commit c99671d4699d
	Issue introduced in 4.5 with commit 40a13e2493c9 and fixed in 6.1 with commit 8cfa238a48f3

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-49028
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/intel/ixgbevf/ixgbevf_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f166c62cad798c53300b4b327e44300c73ec492d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7109e941099244cc876a4b3cb7a3ec79f104374a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c99671d4699dcf90d6939923c8fe8a8918e140b2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8cfa238a48f34038464b99d0b4825238c2687181