Subject: CVE-2022-49022: wifi: mac8021: fix possible oob access in ieee80211_get_rate_duration

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: mac8021: fix possible oob access in ieee80211_get_rate_duration

Fix possible out-of-bound access in ieee80211_get_rate_duration routine
as reported by the following UBSAN report:

UBSAN: array-index-out-of-bounds in net/mac80211/airtime.c:455:47
index 15 is out of range for type 'u16 [12]'
CPU: 2 PID: 217 Comm: kworker/u32:10 Not tainted 6.1.0-060100rc3-generic
Hardware name: Acer Aspire TC-281/Aspire TC-281, BIOS R01-A2 07/18/2017
Workqueue: mt76 mt76u_tx_status_data [mt76_usb]
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 show_stack+0x4e/0x61
 dump_stack_lvl+0x4a/0x6f
 dump_stack+0x10/0x18
 ubsan_epilogue+0x9/0x43
 __ubsan_handle_out_of_bounds.cold+0x42/0x47
ieee80211_get_rate_duration.constprop.0+0x22f/0x2a0 [mac80211]
 ? ieee80211_tx_status_ext+0x32e/0x640 [mac80211]
 ieee80211_calc_rx_airtime+0xda/0x120 [mac80211]
 ieee80211_calc_tx_airtime+0xb4/0x100 [mac80211]
 mt76x02_send_tx_status+0x266/0x480 [mt76x02_lib]
 mt76x02_tx_status_data+0x52/0x80 [mt76x02_lib]
 mt76u_tx_status_data+0x67/0xd0 [mt76_usb]
 process_one_work+0x225/0x400
 worker_thread+0x50/0x3e0
 ? process_one_work+0x400/0x400
 kthread+0xe9/0x110
 ? kthread_complete_and_exit+0x20/0x20
 ret_from_fork+0x22/0x30

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-49022 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit db3e1c40cf2f and fixed in 5.10.158 with commit 0184ede0ec61
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit db3e1c40cf2f and fixed in 5.15.82 with commit 59b54f0563b6
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit db3e1c40cf2f and fixed in 6.0.12 with commit f0fcad4c7201
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit db3e1c40cf2f and fixed in 6.1 with commit 3e8f7abcc347

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-49022
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/mac80211/airtime.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0184ede0ec61b9cd075babfaa45081b1bf322234
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/59b54f0563b6546c94bdb6823d3b382c75407019
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f0fcad4c7201ecfaa17357f4ce0c50b4708df22d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3e8f7abcc3473bc9603323803aeaed4ffcc3a2ab