Subject: CVE-2022-49019: net: ethernet: nixge: fix NULL dereference

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: ethernet: nixge: fix NULL dereference

In function nixge_hw_dma_bd_release() dereference of NULL pointer
priv->rx_bd_v is possible for the case of its allocation failure in
nixge_hw_dma_bd_init().

Move for() loop with priv->rx_bd_v dereference under the check for
its validity.

Found by Linux Verification Center (linuxtesting.org) with SVACE.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-49019 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 492caffa8a1a and fixed in 5.4.226 with commit 910c0264b64e
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 492caffa8a1a and fixed in 5.10.158 with commit 45752af02475
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 492caffa8a1a and fixed in 5.15.82 with commit 9c584d6d9cfb
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 492caffa8a1a and fixed in 6.0.12 with commit 80e82f7b440b
	Issue introduced in 4.17 with commit 492caffa8a1a and fixed in 6.1 with commit 9256db4e45e8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-49019
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/ni/nixge.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/910c0264b64ef2dad8887714a7c56c93e39a0ed3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/45752af0247589e6d3dede577415bfe117b4392c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9c584d6d9cfb935dce8fc81a4c26debac0a3049b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/80e82f7b440b65cf131dce10f487dc73a7046e6b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9256db4e45e8b497b0e993cc3ed4ad08eb2389b6