Subject: CVE-2022-49009: hwmon: (asus-ec-sensors) Add checks for devm_kcalloc

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

hwmon: (asus-ec-sensors) Add checks for devm_kcalloc

As the devm_kcalloc may return NULL, the return value needs to be checked
to avoid NULL poineter dereference.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-49009 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit d0ddfd241e57 and fixed in 6.0.12 with commit a41ec58ac352
	Issue introduced in 5.18 with commit d0ddfd241e57 and fixed in 6.1 with commit 9bdc112be727

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-49009
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hwmon/asus-ec-sensors.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a41ec58ac352fd176d5808af847663dc890f6053
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9bdc112be727cf1ba65be79541147f960c3349d8