Subject: CVE-2022-48992: ASoC: soc-pcm: Add NULL check in BE reparenting

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: soc-pcm: Add NULL check in BE reparenting

Add NULL check in dpcm_be_reparent API, to handle
kernel NULL pointer dereference error.
The issue occurred in fuzzing test.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48992 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.9.336 with commit 0760acc2e659
	Fixed in 4.14.302 with commit d4dd21a79dbb
	Fixed in 4.19.269 with commit e7166d6821c1
	Fixed in 5.4.227 with commit f2ba66d87385
	Fixed in 5.10.159 with commit f6f45e538328
	Fixed in 5.15.83 with commit 9f74b9aa8d58
	Fixed in 6.0.13 with commit 34a9796bf068
	Fixed in 6.1 with commit db8f91d424fe

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48992
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/soc-pcm.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0760acc2e6598ad4f7bd3662db2d907ef0838139
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d4dd21a79dbb862d2ebcf9ed90e646416009ff0d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e7166d6821c15f3516bcac8ae3f155924da1908c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f2ba66d8738584d124aff4e760ed1337f5f6dfb6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f6f45e538328df9ce66aa61bafee1a5717c4b700
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9f74b9aa8d58c18927bb9b65dd5ba70a5fd61615
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/34a9796bf0684bfd54e96a142560d560c21c983b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/db8f91d424fe0ea6db337aca8bc05908bbce1498