Subject: CVE-2022-48979: drm/amd/display: fix array index out of bound error in DCN32 DML

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/amd/display: fix array index out of bound error in DCN32 DML

[Why&How]
LinkCapacitySupport array is indexed with the number of voltage states and
not the number of max DPPs. Fix the error by changing the array
declaration to use the correct (larger) array size of total number of
voltage states.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48979 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.0.13 with commit 3d8a298b2e83
	Fixed in 6.1 with commit aeffc8fb2174

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48979
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/amd/display/dc/dml/display_mode_vba.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3d8a298b2e83b98042e6ec726e934f535b23e6aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aeffc8fb2174f017a10df114bc312f899904dc68