Subject: CVE-2022-48972: mac802154: fix missing INIT_LIST_HEAD in ieee802154_if_add()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mac802154: fix missing INIT_LIST_HEAD in ieee802154_if_add()

Kernel fault injection test reports null-ptr-deref as follows:

BUG: kernel NULL pointer dereference, address: 0000000000000008
RIP: 0010:cfg802154_netdev_notifier_call+0x120/0x310 include/linux/list.h:114
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 raw_notifier_call_chain+0x6d/0xa0 kernel/notifier.c:87
 call_netdevice_notifiers_info+0x6e/0xc0 net/core/dev.c:1944
 unregister_netdevice_many_notify+0x60d/0xcb0 net/core/dev.c:1982
 unregister_netdevice_queue+0x154/0x1a0 net/core/dev.c:10879
 register_netdevice+0x9a8/0xb90 net/core/dev.c:10083
 ieee802154_if_add+0x6ed/0x7e0 net/mac802154/iface.c:659
 ieee802154_register_hw+0x29c/0x330 net/mac802154/main.c:229
 mcr20a_probe+0xaaa/0xcb1 drivers/net/ieee802154/mcr20a.c:1316

ieee802154_if_add() allocates wpan_dev as netdev's private data, but not
init the list in struct wpan_dev. cfg802154_netdev_notifier_call() manage
the list when device register/unregister, and may lead to null-ptr-deref.

Use INIT_LIST_HEAD() on it to initialize it correctly.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48972 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit fcf39e6e88e9 and fixed in 4.9.336 with commit 7410f4d1221b
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit fcf39e6e88e9 and fixed in 4.14.302 with commit 9980a3ea20de
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit fcf39e6e88e9 and fixed in 4.19.269 with commit f00c84fb1635
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit fcf39e6e88e9 and fixed in 5.4.227 with commit 1831d4540406
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit fcf39e6e88e9 and fixed in 5.10.159 with commit 42c319635c0c
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit fcf39e6e88e9 and fixed in 5.15.83 with commit a110287ef4a4
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit fcf39e6e88e9 and fixed in 6.0.13 with commit 623918f40fa6
	Issue introduced in 3.19 with commit fcf39e6e88e9 and fixed in 6.1 with commit b3d72d3135d2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48972
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/mac802154/iface.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7410f4d1221bb182510b7778ab6eefa8b9b7102d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9980a3ea20de40c83817877106c909cb032692d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f00c84fb1635c27ba24ec5df65d5bd7d7dc00008
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1831d4540406708e48239cf38fd9c3b7ea98e08f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/42c319635c0cf7eb36eccac6cda76532f47b61a3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a110287ef4a423980309490df632e1c1e73b3dc9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/623918f40fa68e3bb21312a3fafb90f491bf5358
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b3d72d3135d2ef68296c1ee174436efd65386f04