Subject: CVE-2022-48967: NFC: nci: Bounds check struct nfc_target arrays

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

NFC: nci: Bounds check struct nfc_target arrays

While running under CONFIG_FORTIFY_SOURCE=y, syzkaller reported:

  memcpy: detected field-spanning write (size 129) of single field "target->sensf_res" at net/nfc/nci/ntf.c:260 (size 18)

This appears to be a legitimate lack of bounds checking in
nci_add_new_protocol(). Add the missing checks.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48967 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.4 with commit 019c4fbaa790 and fixed in 4.9.336 with commit 6b37f0dc0638
	Issue introduced in 3.4 with commit 019c4fbaa790 and fixed in 4.14.302 with commit dbdcfb9f6748
	Issue introduced in 3.4 with commit 019c4fbaa790 and fixed in 4.19.269 with commit cff35329070b
	Issue introduced in 3.4 with commit 019c4fbaa790 and fixed in 5.4.227 with commit 677843470694
	Issue introduced in 3.4 with commit 019c4fbaa790 and fixed in 5.10.159 with commit 27eb2d7a1b99
	Issue introduced in 3.4 with commit 019c4fbaa790 and fixed in 5.15.83 with commit 908b2da426fe
	Issue introduced in 3.4 with commit 019c4fbaa790 and fixed in 6.0.13 with commit f41547546db9
	Issue introduced in 3.4 with commit 019c4fbaa790 and fixed in 6.1 with commit e329e71013c9

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48967
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/nfc/nci/ntf.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6b37f0dc0638d13a006f2f24d2f6ca61e83bc714
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dbdcfb9f6748218a149f62468d6297ce3f014e9c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/cff35329070b96b4484d23f9f48a5ca2c947e750
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6778434706940b8fad7ef35f410d2b9929f256d2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/27eb2d7a1b9987b6d0429b7716b1ff3b82c4ffc9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/908b2da426fe9c3ce74cf541ba40e7a4251db191
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f41547546db9af99da2c34e3368664d7a79cefae
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e329e71013c9b5a4535b099208493c7826ee4a64