Subject: CVE-2022-48962: net: hisilicon: Fix potential use-after-free in hisi_femac_rx()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: hisilicon: Fix potential use-after-free in hisi_femac_rx()

The skb is delivered to napi_gro_receive() which may free it, after
calling this, dereferencing skb may trigger use-after-free.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48962 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 542ae60af24f and fixed in 4.9.336 with commit 3501da8eb6d0
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 542ae60af24f and fixed in 4.14.302 with commit 196e12671cb6
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 542ae60af24f and fixed in 4.19.269 with commit aceec8ab7524
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 542ae60af24f and fixed in 5.4.227 with commit e71a46cc8c9a
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 542ae60af24f and fixed in 5.10.159 with commit 296a50aa8b29
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 542ae60af24f and fixed in 5.15.83 with commit 6f4798ac9c9e
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 542ae60af24f and fixed in 6.0.13 with commit 8595a2db8eb0
	Issue introduced in 4.8 with commit 542ae60af24f and fixed in 6.1 with commit 464017704954

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48962
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/hisilicon/hisi_femac.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3501da8eb6d0f5f114a09ec953c54423f6f35885
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/196e12671cb629d9f3b77b4d8bec854fc445533a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aceec8ab752428d8e151321479e82cc1a40fee2e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e71a46cc8c9ad75f3bb0e4b361e81f79c0214cca
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/296a50aa8b2982117520713edc1375777a9f8506
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6f4798ac9c9e98f41553c4f5e6c832c8860a6942
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8595a2db8eb0ffcbb466eb9f4a7507a5ba06ebb9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4640177049549de1a43e9bc49265f0cdfce08cfd