Subject: CVE-2022-48907: auxdisplay: lcd2s: Fix memory leak in ->remove()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

auxdisplay: lcd2s: Fix memory leak in ->remove()

Once allocated the struct lcd2s_data is never freed.
Fix the memory leak by switching to devm_kzalloc().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48907 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 8c9108d014c5 and fixed in 5.15.27 with commit 5d53cd33f425
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 8c9108d014c5 and fixed in 5.16.13 with commit 3585ed5f9b11
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 8c9108d014c5 and fixed in 5.17 with commit 898c0a15425a

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48907
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/auxdisplay/lcd2s.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5d53cd33f4253aa4cf02bf7e670b3c6a99674351
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3585ed5f9b11a6094dd991d76a1541e5d03b986a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/898c0a15425a5bcaa8d44bd436eae5afd2483796