Subject: CVE-2022-48904: iommu/amd: Fix I/O page table memory leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

iommu/amd: Fix I/O page table memory leak

The current logic updates the I/O page table mode for the domain
before calling the logic to free memory used for the page table.
This results in IOMMU page table memory leak, and can be observed
when launching VM w/ pass-through devices.

Fix by freeing the memory used for page table before updating the mode.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48904 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit e42ba0633064 and fixed in 5.15.27 with commit 378e2fe1eb58
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit e42ba0633064 and fixed in 5.16.13 with commit c78627f757e3
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit e42ba0633064 and fixed in 5.17 with commit 6b0b2d9a6a30

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48904
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/iommu/amd/io_pgtable.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/378e2fe1eb58d5c2ed55c8fe5e11f9db5033cdd6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c78627f757e37c2cf386b59c700c4e1574988597
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6b0b2d9a6a308bcd9300c2d83000a82812c56cea