Subject: CVE-2022-48897: arm64/mm: fix incorrect file_map_count for invalid pmd

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

arm64/mm: fix incorrect file_map_count for invalid pmd

The page table check trigger BUG_ON() unexpectedly when split hugepage:

 ------------[ cut here ]------------
 kernel BUG at mm/page_table_check.c:119!
 Internal error: Oops - BUG: 00000000f2000800 [#1] SMP
 Dumping ftrace buffer:
    (ftrace buffer empty)
 Modules linked in:
 CPU: 7 PID: 210 Comm: transhuge-stres Not tainted 6.1.0-rc3+ #748
 Hardware name: linux,dummy-virt (DT)
 pstate: 20000005 (nzCv daif -PAN -UAO -TCO -DIT -SSBS BTYPE=--)
 pc : page_table_check_set.isra.0+0x398/0x468
 lr : page_table_check_set.isra.0+0x1c0/0x468
[...]
 Call trace:
  page_table_check_set.isra.0+0x398/0x468
  __page_table_check_pte_set+0x160/0x1c0
  __split_huge_pmd_locked+0x900/0x1648
  __split_huge_pmd+0x28c/0x3b8
  unmap_page_range+0x428/0x858
  unmap_single_vma+0xf4/0x1c8
  zap_page_range+0x2b0/0x410
  madvise_vma_behavior+0xc44/0xe78
  do_madvise+0x280/0x698
  __arm64_sys_madvise+0x90/0xe8
  invoke_syscall.constprop.0+0xdc/0x1d8
  do_el0_svc+0xf4/0x3f8
  el0_svc+0x58/0x120
  el0t_64_sync_handler+0xb8/0xc0
  el0t_64_sync+0x19c/0x1a0
[...]

On arm64, pmd_leaf() will return true even if the pmd is invalid due to
pmd_present_invalid() check. So in pmdp_invalidate() the file_map_count
will not only decrease once but also increase once. Then in set_pte_at(),
the file_map_count increase again, and so trigger BUG_ON() unexpectedly.

Add !pmd_present_invalid() check in pmd_user_accessible_page() to fix the
problem.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48897 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 42b2547137f5 and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit 21e5eca0ac90
	Issue introduced in 5.19 with commit 42b2547137f5 and fixed in 6.2 with commit 74c2f8105451

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48897
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	arch/arm64/include/asm/pgtable.h

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/21e5eca0ac9046da9918a919bc92b7b5a78d27e7
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/74c2f81054510d45b813548cb0a1c4ebf87cdd5f