Subject: CVE-2022-48889: ASoC: Intel: sof-nau8825: fix module alias overflow

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ASoC: Intel: sof-nau8825: fix module alias overflow

The maximum name length for a platform_device_id entry is 20 characters
including the trailing NUL byte. The sof_nau8825.c file exceeds that,
which causes an obscure error message:

sound/soc/intel/boards/snd-soc-sof_nau8825.mod.c:35:45: error: illegal character encoding in string literal [-Werror,-Winvalid-source-encoding]
MODULE_ALIAS("platform:adl_max98373_nau8825<U+0018><AA>");
                                                   ^~~~
include/linux/module.h:168:49: note: expanded from macro 'MODULE_ALIAS'
                                                ^~~~~~
include/linux/module.h:165:56: note: expanded from macro 'MODULE_INFO'
                                                       ^~~~
include/linux/moduleparam.h:26:47: note: expanded from macro '__MODULE_INFO'
                = __MODULE_INFO_PREFIX __stringify(tag) "=" info

I could not figure out how to make the module handling robust enough
to handle this better, but as a quick fix, using slightly shorter
names that are still unique avoids the build issue.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48889 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit 8d0872f6239f and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit fba1b23befd8
	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit 8d0872f6239f and fixed in 6.2 with commit 3e78986a840d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48889
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/soc/intel/boards/sof_nau8825.c
	sound/soc/intel/common/soc-acpi-intel-adl-match.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fba1b23befd88366fe646787b3797e64d7338fd2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3e78986a840d59dd27e636eae3f52dc11125c835