Subject: CVE-2022-48883: net/mlx5e: IPoIB, Block PKEY interfaces with less rx queues than parent

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/mlx5e: IPoIB, Block PKEY interfaces with less rx queues than parent

A user is able to configure an arbitrary number of rx queues when
creating an interface via netlink. This doesn't work for child PKEY
interfaces because the child interface uses the parent receive channels.

Although the child shares the parent's receive channels, the number of
rx queues is important for the channel_stats array: the parent's rx
channel index is used to access the child's channel_stats. So the array
has to be at least as large as the parent's rx queue size for the
counting to work correctly and to prevent out of bound accesses.

This patch checks for the mentioned scenario and returns an error when
trying to create the interface. The error is propagated to the user.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48883 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit be98737a4faa and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit 5844a46f09f7
	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit be98737a4faa and fixed in 6.2 with commit 31c70bfe58ef

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48883
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/mellanox/mlx5/core/ipoib/ipoib_vlan.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5844a46f09f768da866d6b0ffbf1a9073266bf24
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/31c70bfe58ef09fe36327ddcced9143a16e9e83d