Subject: CVE-2022-48880: platform/surface: aggregator: Add missing call to ssam_request_sync_free()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

platform/surface: aggregator: Add missing call to ssam_request_sync_free()

Although rare, ssam_request_sync_init() can fail. In that case, the
request should be freed via ssam_request_sync_free(). Currently it is
leaked instead. Fix this.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48880 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit c167b9c7e3d6 and fixed in 5.15.89 with commit d2dc110deabe
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit c167b9c7e3d6 and fixed in 6.1.7 with commit 50b3cdf8239b
	Issue introduced in 5.12 with commit c167b9c7e3d6 and fixed in 6.2 with commit c965daac370f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48880
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/platform/surface/aggregator/controller.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d2dc110deabe7142b60ebeed689e67f92795ee24
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/50b3cdf8239b11545f311c4f7b89e0092e4feedb
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c965daac370f08a9b71d573a71d13cda76f2a884