Subject: CVE-2022-48866: HID: hid-thrustmaster: fix OOB read in thrustmaster_interrupts

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

HID: hid-thrustmaster: fix OOB read in thrustmaster_interrupts

Syzbot reported an slab-out-of-bounds Read in thrustmaster_probe() bug.
The root case is in missing validation check of actual number of endpoints.

Code should not blindly access usb_host_interface::endpoint array, since
it may contain less endpoints than code expects.

Fix it by adding missing validaion check and print an error if
number of endpoints do not match expected number

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48866 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit c49c33637802 and fixed in 5.15.29 with commit 3ffbe85cda7f
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit c49c33637802 and fixed in 5.16.15 with commit 56185434e1e5
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit c49c33637802 and fixed in 5.17 with commit fc3ef2e3297b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48866
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/hid/hid-thrustmaster.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ffbe85cda7f523dad896bae08cecd8db8b555ab
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/56185434e1e50acecee56d8f5850135009b87947
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fc3ef2e3297b3c0e2006b5d7b3d66965e3392036