Subject: CVE-2022-48860: ethernet: Fix error handling in xemaclite_of_probe

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ethernet: Fix error handling in xemaclite_of_probe

This node pointer is returned by of_parse_phandle() with refcount
incremented in this function. Calling of_node_put() to avoid the
refcount leak. As the remove function do.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48860 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit 5cdaaa12866e and fixed in 4.9.307 with commit 669172ce9766
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit 5cdaaa12866e and fixed in 4.14.272 with commit b7220f8e9d6c
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit 5cdaaa12866e and fixed in 4.19.235 with commit 8609e29611be
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit 5cdaaa12866e and fixed in 5.4.185 with commit 8ee065a7a9b6
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit 5cdaaa12866e and fixed in 5.10.106 with commit 979b418b96e3
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit 5cdaaa12866e and fixed in 5.15.29 with commit 5e7c402892e1
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit 5cdaaa12866e and fixed in 5.16.15 with commit 1852854ee349
	Issue introduced in 2.6.34 with commit 5cdaaa12866e and fixed in 5.17 with commit b19ab4b38b06

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48860
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/xilinx/xilinx_emaclite.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/669172ce976608b25a2f76f3c65d47f042d125c9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b7220f8e9d6c6b9594ddfb3125dad938cd478b1f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8609e29611befc4bfbe7a91bb50fc65ae72ff549
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8ee065a7a9b6a3976c16340503677efc4d8351f6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/979b418b96e35f07136f77962ccfaa54cf3e30e1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5e7c402892e189a7bc152b125e72261154aa585d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1852854ee349881efb78ccdbbb237838975902e4
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b19ab4b38b06aae12442b2de95ccf58b5dc53584