Subject: CVE-2022-48844: Bluetooth: hci_core: Fix leaking sent_cmd skb

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

Bluetooth: hci_core: Fix leaking sent_cmd skb

sent_cmd memory is not freed before freeing hci_dev causing it to leak
it contents.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48844 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.30 with commit 3679ccc09d88
	Fixed in 5.16.16 with commit 9473d06bd1c8
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit dd3b1dc3dd05

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48844
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/bluetooth/hci_core.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3679ccc09d8806686d579095ed504e045af7f7d6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9473d06bd1c8da49eafb685aa95a290290c672dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd3b1dc3dd050f1f47cd13e300732852414270f8