Subject: CVE-2022-48792: scsi: pm8001: Fix use-after-free for aborted SSP/STP sas_task

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: pm8001: Fix use-after-free for aborted SSP/STP sas_task

Currently a use-after-free may occur if a sas_task is aborted by the upper
layer before we handle the I/O completion in mpi_ssp_completion() or
mpi_sata_completion().

In this case, the following are the two steps in handling those I/O
completions:

 - Call complete() to inform the upper layer handler of completion of
   the I/O.

 - Release driver resources associated with the sas_task in
   pm8001_ccb_task_free() call.

When complete() is called, the upper layer may free the sas_task. As such,
we should not touch the associated sas_task afterwards, but we do so in the
pm8001_ccb_task_free() call.

Fix by swapping the complete() and pm8001_ccb_task_free() calls ordering.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48792 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.10.102 with commit fe9ac3eaa2e3
	Fixed in 5.15.25 with commit d9d93f32534a
	Fixed in 5.16.11 with commit f61f9fccb2cb
	Fixed in 5.17 with commit df7abcaa1246

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48792
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/pm8001/pm80xx_hwi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fe9ac3eaa2e387a5742b380b73a5a6bc237bf184
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d9d93f32534a0a80a1c26bdb0746d90a7b19c2c2
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f61f9fccb2cb4bb275674a79d638704db6bc2171
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/df7abcaa1246e2537ab4016077b5443bb3c09378