Subject: CVE-2022-48741: ovl: fix NULL pointer dereference in copy up warning

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ovl: fix NULL pointer dereference in copy up warning

This patch is fixing a NULL pointer dereference to get a recently
introduced warning message working.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48741 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15.3 with commit 5cffa333a2b2 and fixed in 5.15.20 with commit e6b678c1a367
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 5b0a414d06c3 and fixed in 5.16.6 with commit 9c7f8a35c5a8
	Issue introduced in 5.16 with commit 5b0a414d06c3 and fixed in 5.17 with commit 4ee7e4a6c9b2

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48741
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/overlayfs/copy_up.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e6b678c1a3673de6a5d2f4e22bb725a086a0701a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9c7f8a35c5a83740c0e3ea540b6ad145c50d79aa
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4ee7e4a6c9b298da44029ed9ec8ed23ae49cc209