Subject: CVE-2022-48728: IB/hfi1: Fix AIP early init panic

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

IB/hfi1: Fix AIP early init panic

An early failure in hfi1_ipoib_setup_rn() can lead to the following panic:

  BUG: unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at 00000000000001b0
  PGD 0 P4D 0
  Oops: 0002 [#1] SMP NOPTI
  Workqueue: events work_for_cpu_fn
  RIP: 0010:try_to_grab_pending+0x2b/0x140
  Code: 1f 44 00 00 41 55 41 54 55 48 89 d5 53 48 89 fb 9c 58 0f 1f 44 00 00 48 89 c2 fa 66 0f 1f 44 00 00 48 89 55 00 40 84 f6 75 77 <f0> 48 0f ba 2b 00 72 09 31 c0 5b 5d 41 5c 41 5d c3 48 89 df e8 6c
  RSP: 0018:ffffb6b3cf7cfa48 EFLAGS: 00010046
  RAX: 0000000000000246 RBX: 00000000000001b0 RCX: 0000000000000000
  RDX: 0000000000000246 RSI: 0000000000000000 RDI: 00000000000001b0
  RBP: ffffb6b3cf7cfa70 R08: 0000000000000f09 R09: 0000000000000001
  R10: 0000000000000000 R11: 0000000000000001 R12: 0000000000000000
  R13: ffffb6b3cf7cfa90 R14: ffffffff9b2fbfc0 R15: ffff8a4fdf244690
  FS:  0000000000000000(0000) GS:ffff8a527f400000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
  CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
  CR2: 00000000000001b0 CR3: 00000017e2410003 CR4: 00000000007706f0
  DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
  DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
  PKRU: 55555554
  Call Trace:
   __cancel_work_timer+0x42/0x190
   ? dev_printk_emit+0x4e/0x70
   iowait_cancel_work+0x15/0x30 [hfi1]
   hfi1_ipoib_txreq_deinit+0x5a/0x220 [hfi1]
   ? dev_err+0x6c/0x90
   hfi1_ipoib_netdev_dtor+0x15/0x30 [hfi1]
   hfi1_ipoib_setup_rn+0x10e/0x150 [hfi1]
   rdma_init_netdev+0x5a/0x80 [ib_core]
   ? hfi1_ipoib_free_rdma_netdev+0x20/0x20 [hfi1]
   ipoib_intf_init+0x6c/0x350 [ib_ipoib]
   ipoib_intf_alloc+0x5c/0xc0 [ib_ipoib]
   ipoib_add_one+0xbe/0x300 [ib_ipoib]
   add_client_context+0x12c/0x1a0 [ib_core]
   enable_device_and_get+0xdc/0x1d0 [ib_core]
   ib_register_device+0x572/0x6b0 [ib_core]
   rvt_register_device+0x11b/0x220 [rdmavt]
   hfi1_register_ib_device+0x6b4/0x770 [hfi1]
   do_init_one.isra.20+0x3e3/0x680 [hfi1]
   local_pci_probe+0x41/0x90
   work_for_cpu_fn+0x16/0x20
   process_one_work+0x1a7/0x360
   ? create_worker+0x1a0/0x1a0
   worker_thread+0x1cf/0x390
   ? create_worker+0x1a0/0x1a0
   kthread+0x116/0x130
   ? kthread_flush_work_fn+0x10/0x10
   ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x40

The panic happens in hfi1_ipoib_txreq_deinit() because there is a NULL
deref when hfi1_ipoib_netdev_dtor() is called in this error case.

hfi1_ipoib_txreq_init() and hfi1_ipoib_rxq_init() are self unwinding so
fix by adjusting the error paths accordingly.

Other changes:
- hfi1_ipoib_free_rdma_netdev() is deleted including the free_netdev()
  since the netdev core code deletes calls free_netdev()
- The switch to the accelerated entrances is moved to the success path.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48728 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit d99dc602e2a5 and fixed in 5.10.99 with commit 4a9bd1e6780f
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit d99dc602e2a5 and fixed in 5.15.22 with commit a3dd4d2682f2
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit d99dc602e2a5 and fixed in 5.16.8 with commit 1899c3cad265
	Issue introduced in 5.8 with commit d99dc602e2a5 and fixed in 5.17 with commit 5f8f55b92edd

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48728
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/infiniband/hw/hfi1/ipoib_main.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4a9bd1e6780fc59f81466ec3489d5ad535a37190
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a3dd4d2682f2a796121609e5f3bbeb1243198c53
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/1899c3cad265c4583658aed5293d02e8af84276b
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5f8f55b92edd621f056bdf09e572092849fabd83