Subject: CVE-2022-48722: net: ieee802154: ca8210: Stop leaking skb's

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: ieee802154: ca8210: Stop leaking skb's

Upon error the ieee802154_xmit_complete() helper is not called. Only
ieee802154_wake_queue() is called manually. We then leak the skb
structure.

Free the skb structure upon error before returning.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48722 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit ded845a781a5 and fixed in 4.14.265 with commit a1c277b0ed2a
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit ded845a781a5 and fixed in 4.19.228 with commit d6a44feb2f28
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit ded845a781a5 and fixed in 5.4.178 with commit 6f38d3a6ec11
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit ded845a781a5 and fixed in 5.10.99 with commit 78b3f20c17cb
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit ded845a781a5 and fixed in 5.15.22 with commit 94cd597e20ed
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit ded845a781a5 and fixed in 5.16.8 with commit 21feb6df3967
	Issue introduced in 4.12 with commit ded845a781a5 and fixed in 5.17 with commit 621b24b09eb6

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48722
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ieee802154/ca8210.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a1c277b0ed2a13e7de923b5f03bc23586eceb851
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d6a44feb2f28d71a7e725f72d09c97c81561cd9a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6f38d3a6ec11c2733b1c641a46a2a2ecec57be08
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/78b3f20c17cbcb7645bfa63f2ca0e11b53c09d56
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/94cd597e20ed4acedb8f15f029d92998b011cb1a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/21feb6df3967541931242c427fe0958276af81cc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/621b24b09eb61c63f262da0c9c5f0e93348897e5