Subject: CVE-2022-48705: wifi: mt76: mt7921e: fix crash in chip reset fail

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

wifi: mt76: mt7921e: fix crash in chip reset fail

In case of drv own fail in reset, we may need to run mac_reset several
times. The sequence would trigger system crash as the log below.

Because we do not re-enable/schedule "tx_napi" before disable it again,
the process would keep waiting for state change in napi_diable(). To
avoid the problem and keep status synchronize for each run, goto final
resource handling if drv own failed.

[ 5857.353423] mt7921e 0000:3b:00.0: driver own failed
[ 5858.433427] mt7921e 0000:3b:00.0: Timeout for driver own
[ 5859.633430] mt7921e 0000:3b:00.0: driver own failed
[ 5859.633444] ------------[ cut here ]------------
[ 5859.633446] WARNING: CPU: 6 at kernel/kthread.c:659 kthread_park+0x11d
[ 5859.633717] Workqueue: mt76 mt7921_mac_reset_work [mt7921_common]
[ 5859.633728] RIP: 0010:kthread_park+0x11d/0x150
[ 5859.633736] RSP: 0018:ffff8881b676fc68 EFLAGS: 00010202
......
[ 5859.633766] Call Trace:
[ 5859.633768]  <TASK>
[ 5859.633771]  mt7921e_mac_reset+0x176/0x6f0 [mt7921e]
[ 5859.633778]  mt7921_mac_reset_work+0x184/0x3a0 [mt7921_common]
[ 5859.633785]  ? mt7921_mac_set_timing+0x520/0x520 [mt7921_common]
[ 5859.633794]  ? __kasan_check_read+0x11/0x20
[ 5859.633802]  process_one_work+0x7ee/0x1320
[ 5859.633810]  worker_thread+0x53c/0x1240
[ 5859.633818]  kthread+0x2b8/0x370
[ 5859.633824]  ? process_one_work+0x1320/0x1320
[ 5859.633828]  ? kthread_complete_and_exit+0x30/0x30
[ 5859.633834]  ret_from_fork+0x1f/0x30
[ 5859.633842]  </TASK>

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48705 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit 0efaf31dec57 and fixed in 5.19.9 with commit f7f3001723e3
	Issue introduced in 5.17 with commit 0efaf31dec57 and fixed in 6.0 with commit fa3fbe640378
	Issue introduced in 5.16.3 with commit cdb39e251f86

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48705
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/mediatek/mt76/mt7921/pci_mac.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f7f3001723e337568017e8617974f29bc8b2f595
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/fa3fbe64037839f448dc569212bafc5a495d8219