Subject: CVE-2022-48704: drm/radeon: add a force flush to delay work when radeon

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/radeon: add a force flush to delay work when radeon

Although radeon card fence and wait for gpu to finish processing current batch rings,
there is still a corner case that radeon lockup work queue may not be fully flushed,
and meanwhile the radeon_suspend_kms() function has called pci_set_power_state() to
put device in D3hot state.
Per PCI spec rev 4.0 on 5.3.1.4.1 D3hot State.
> Configuration and Message requests are the only TLPs accepted by a Function in
> the D3hot state. All other received Requests must be handled as Unsupported Requests,
> and all received Completions may optionally be handled as Unexpected Completions.
This issue will happen in following logs:
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00008800e0008010
CPU 0 kworker/0:3(131): Oops 0
pc = [<ffffffff811bea5c>]  ra = [<ffffffff81240844>]  ps = 0000 Tainted: G        W
pc is at si_gpu_check_soft_reset+0x3c/0x240
ra is at si_dma_is_lockup+0x34/0xd0
v0 = 0000000000000000  t0 = fff08800e0008010  t1 = 0000000000010000
t2 = 0000000000008010  t3 = fff00007e3c00000  t4 = fff00007e3c00258
t5 = 000000000000ffff  t6 = 0000000000000001  t7 = fff00007ef078000
s0 = fff00007e3c016e8  s1 = fff00007e3c00000  s2 = fff00007e3c00018
s3 = fff00007e3c00000  s4 = fff00007fff59d80  s5 = 0000000000000000
s6 = fff00007ef07bd98
a0 = fff00007e3c00000  a1 = fff00007e3c016e8  a2 = 0000000000000008
a3 = 0000000000000001  a4 = 8f5c28f5c28f5c29  a5 = ffffffff810f4338
t8 = 0000000000000275  t9 = ffffffff809b66f8  t10 = ff6769c5d964b800
t11= 000000000000b886  pv = ffffffff811bea20  at = 0000000000000000
gp = ffffffff81d89690  sp = 00000000aa814126
Disabling lock debugging due to kernel taint
Trace:
[<ffffffff81240844>] si_dma_is_lockup+0x34/0xd0
[<ffffffff81119610>] radeon_fence_check_lockup+0xd0/0x290
[<ffffffff80977010>] process_one_work+0x280/0x550
[<ffffffff80977350>] worker_thread+0x70/0x7c0
[<ffffffff80977410>] worker_thread+0x130/0x7c0
[<ffffffff80982040>] kthread+0x200/0x210
[<ffffffff809772e0>] worker_thread+0x0/0x7c0
[<ffffffff80981f8c>] kthread+0x14c/0x210
[<ffffffff80911658>] ret_from_kernel_thread+0x18/0x20
[<ffffffff80981e40>] kthread+0x0/0x210
 Code: ad3e0008  43f0074a  ad7e0018  ad9e0020  8c3001e8  40230101
 <88210000> 4821ed21
So force lockup work queue flush to fix this problem.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48704 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.9.328 with commit b878da58df2c
	Fixed in 4.14.293 with commit 4e25e8f27fdb
	Fixed in 4.19.258 with commit c0a45f41fde4
	Fixed in 5.4.213 with commit c72d97146fc5
	Fixed in 5.10.143 with commit 826b46fd5974
	Fixed in 5.15.68 with commit 5a7a5b2edac4
	Fixed in 5.19.9 with commit 16cb367daa44
	Fixed in 6.0 with commit f461950fdc37

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48704
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/radeon/radeon_device.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b878da58df2c40b08914d3960e2224040fd1fbfe
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4e25e8f27fdbdc6fd55cc572a9939bf24500b9e8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c0a45f41fde4a0f2c900f719817493ee5c4a5aa3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c72d97146fc5a4dff381b1737f6167e89860430d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/826b46fd5974113515abe9e4fc8178009a8ce18c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5a7a5b2edac4b05abd744eeaebda46d9dacd952d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/16cb367daa446923d82e332537f446a4cc784b40
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f461950fdc374a3ada5a63c669d997de4600dffe