Subject: CVE-2022-48701: ALSA: usb-audio: Fix an out-of-bounds bug in __snd_usb_parse_audio_interface()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

ALSA: usb-audio: Fix an out-of-bounds bug in __snd_usb_parse_audio_interface()

There may be a bad USB audio device with a USB ID of (0x04fa, 0x4201) and
the number of it's interfaces less than 4, an out-of-bounds read bug occurs
when parsing the interface descriptor for this device.

Fix this by checking the number of interfaces.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48701 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.9.328 with commit b970518014f2
	Fixed in 4.14.293 with commit 91904870370f
	Fixed in 4.19.258 with commit 2a308e415d24
	Fixed in 5.4.213 with commit 0492798bf8df
	Fixed in 5.10.143 with commit 6123bec8480d
	Fixed in 5.15.68 with commit 98e8e67395cc
	Fixed in 5.19.9 with commit 8293e61bbf90
	Fixed in 6.0 with commit e53f47f6c1a5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48701
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	sound/usb/stream.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b970518014f2f0f6c493fb86c1e092b936899061
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/91904870370fd986c29719846ed76d559de43251
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2a308e415d247a23d4d64c964c02e782eede2936
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0492798bf8dfcc09c9337a1ba065da1d1ca68712
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6123bec8480d23369e2ee0b2208611619f269faf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/98e8e67395cc6d0cdf3a771f86ea42d0ee6e59dd
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/8293e61bbf908b18ff9935238d4fc2ad359e3fe0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e53f47f6c1a56d2af728909f1cb894da6b43d9bf