Subject: CVE-2022-48686: nvme-tcp: fix UAF when detecting digest errors

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

nvme-tcp: fix UAF when detecting digest errors

We should also bail from the io_work loop when we set rd_enabled to true,
so we don't attempt to read data from the socket when the TCP stream is
already out-of-sync or corrupted.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2022-48686 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3f2304f8c6d6 and fixed in 5.4.213 with commit 19816a021468
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3f2304f8c6d6 and fixed in 5.10.143 with commit 5914fa32ef1b
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3f2304f8c6d6 and fixed in 5.15.68 with commit 13c80a6c1124
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3f2304f8c6d6 and fixed in 5.19.9 with commit c3eb461aa56e
	Issue introduced in 5.0 with commit 3f2304f8c6d6 and fixed in 6.0 with commit 160f3549a907

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2022-48686
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/nvme/host/tcp.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/19816a0214684f70b49b25075ff8c402fdd611d3
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/5914fa32ef1b7766fea933f9eed94ac5c00aa7ff
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/13c80a6c112467bab5e44d090767930555fc17a5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c3eb461aa56e6fa94fb80442ba2586bd223a8886
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/160f3549a907a50e51a8518678ba2dcf2541abea