Subject: CVE-2021-47611: mac80211: validate extended element ID is present

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

mac80211: validate extended element ID is present

Before attempting to parse an extended element, verify that
the extended element ID is present.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47611 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 41cbb0f5a295 and fixed in 4.19.222 with commit 03029bb044cc
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 41cbb0f5a295 and fixed in 5.4.168 with commit a19cf6844b50
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 41cbb0f5a295 and fixed in 5.10.88 with commit 7fd214fc7f2e
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 41cbb0f5a295 and fixed in 5.15.11 with commit c62b16f98688
	Issue introduced in 4.19 with commit 41cbb0f5a295 and fixed in 5.16 with commit 768c0b19b506

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47611
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/mac80211/util.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/03029bb044ccee60adbc93e70713f3ae58abc3a1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a19cf6844b509d44ecbd536f33d314d91ecdd2b5
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7fd214fc7f2ee3a89f91e717e3cfad55f5a27045
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c62b16f98688ae7bc0ab23a6490481f4ce9b3a49
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/768c0b19b50665e337c96858aa2b7928d6dcf756