Subject: CVE-2021-47610: drm/msm: Fix null ptr access msm_ioctl_gem_submit()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/msm: Fix null ptr access msm_ioctl_gem_submit()

Fix the below null pointer dereference in msm_ioctl_gem_submit():

 26545.260705:   Call trace:
 26545.263223:    kref_put+0x1c/0x60
 26545.266452:    msm_ioctl_gem_submit+0x254/0x744
 26545.270937:    drm_ioctl_kernel+0xa8/0x124
 26545.274976:    drm_ioctl+0x21c/0x33c
 26545.278478:    drm_compat_ioctl+0xdc/0xf0
 26545.282428:    __arm64_compat_sys_ioctl+0xc8/0x100
 26545.287169:    el0_svc_common+0xf8/0x250
 26545.291025:    do_el0_svc_compat+0x28/0x54
 26545.295066:    el0_svc_compat+0x10/0x1c
 26545.298838:    el0_sync_compat_handler+0xa8/0xcc
 26545.303403:    el0_sync_compat+0x188/0x1c0
 26545.307445:   Code: d503201f d503201f 52800028 4b0803e8 (b8680008)
 26545.318799:   Kernel panic - not syncing: Oops: Fatal exception

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47610 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.10 with commit f6db3d98f876
	Fixed in 5.16 with commit 26d776fd0f79

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47610
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/msm/msm_gem_submit.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f6db3d98f876870c35e96693cfd54752f6199e59
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/26d776fd0f79f093a5d0ce1a4c7c7a992bc3264c