Subject: CVE-2021-47599: btrfs: use latest_dev in btrfs_show_devname

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

btrfs: use latest_dev in btrfs_show_devname

The test case btrfs/238 reports the warning below:

 WARNING: CPU: 3 PID: 481 at fs/btrfs/super.c:2509 btrfs_show_devname+0x104/0x1e8 [btrfs]
 CPU: 2 PID: 1 Comm: systemd Tainted: G        W  O 5.14.0-rc1-custom #72
 Hardware name: QEMU QEMU Virtual Machine, BIOS 0.0.0 02/06/2015
 Call trace:
   btrfs_show_devname+0x108/0x1b4 [btrfs]
   show_mountinfo+0x234/0x2c4
   m_show+0x28/0x34
   seq_read_iter+0x12c/0x3c4
   vfs_read+0x29c/0x2c8
   ksys_read+0x80/0xec
   __arm64_sys_read+0x28/0x34
   invoke_syscall+0x50/0xf8
   do_el0_svc+0x88/0x138
   el0_svc+0x2c/0x8c
   el0t_64_sync_handler+0x84/0xe4
   el0t_64_sync+0x198/0x19c

Reason:
While btrfs_prepare_sprout() moves the fs_devices::devices into
fs_devices::seed_list, the btrfs_show_devname() searches for the devices
and found none, leading to the warning as in above.

Fix:
latest_dev is updated according to the changes to the device list.
That means we could use the latest_dev->name to show the device name in
/proc/self/mounts, the pointer will be always valid as it's assigned
before the device is deleted from the list in remove or replace.
The RCU protection is sufficient as the device structure is freed after
synchronization.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47599 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 5.15.11 with commit e342c2558016
	Fixed in 5.16 with commit 6605fd2f394b

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47599
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	fs/btrfs/super.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e342c2558016ead462f376b6c6c2ac5efc17f3b1
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/6605fd2f394bba0a0059df2b6cfc87b0b6d393a2