Subject: CVE-2021-47576: scsi: scsi_debug: Sanity check block descriptor length in resp_mode_select()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: scsi_debug: Sanity check block descriptor length in resp_mode_select()

In resp_mode_select() sanity check the block descriptor len to avoid UAF.

BUG: KASAN: use-after-free in resp_mode_select+0xa4c/0xb40 drivers/scsi/scsi_debug.c:2509
Read of size 1 at addr ffff888026670f50 by task scsicmd/15032

CPU: 1 PID: 15032 Comm: scsicmd Not tainted 5.15.0-01d0625 #15
Hardware name: QEMU Standard PC (i440FX + PIIX, 1996), BIOS
Call Trace:
 <TASK>
 dump_stack_lvl+0x89/0xb5 lib/dump_stack.c:107
 print_address_description.constprop.9+0x28/0x160 mm/kasan/report.c:257
 kasan_report.cold.14+0x7d/0x117 mm/kasan/report.c:443
 __asan_report_load1_noabort+0x14/0x20 mm/kasan/report_generic.c:306
 resp_mode_select+0xa4c/0xb40 drivers/scsi/scsi_debug.c:2509
 schedule_resp+0x4af/0x1a10 drivers/scsi/scsi_debug.c:5483
 scsi_debug_queuecommand+0x8c9/0x1e70 drivers/scsi/scsi_debug.c:7537
 scsi_queue_rq+0x16b4/0x2d10 drivers/scsi/scsi_lib.c:1521
 blk_mq_dispatch_rq_list+0xb9b/0x2700 block/blk-mq.c:1640
 __blk_mq_sched_dispatch_requests+0x28f/0x590 block/blk-mq-sched.c:325
 blk_mq_sched_dispatch_requests+0x105/0x190 block/blk-mq-sched.c:358
 __blk_mq_run_hw_queue+0xe5/0x150 block/blk-mq.c:1762
 __blk_mq_delay_run_hw_queue+0x4f8/0x5c0 block/blk-mq.c:1839
 blk_mq_run_hw_queue+0x18d/0x350 block/blk-mq.c:1891
 blk_mq_sched_insert_request+0x3db/0x4e0 block/blk-mq-sched.c:474
 blk_execute_rq_nowait+0x16b/0x1c0 block/blk-exec.c:63
 sg_common_write.isra.18+0xeb3/0x2000 drivers/scsi/sg.c:837
 sg_new_write.isra.19+0x570/0x8c0 drivers/scsi/sg.c:775
 sg_ioctl_common+0x14d6/0x2710 drivers/scsi/sg.c:941
 sg_ioctl+0xa2/0x180 drivers/scsi/sg.c:1166
 __x64_sys_ioctl+0x19d/0x220 fs/ioctl.c:52
 do_syscall_64+0x3a/0x80 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50
 entry_SYSCALL_64_after_hwframe+0x44/0xae arch/x86/entry/entry_64.S:113

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47576 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.9.294 with commit adcecd50da6c
	Fixed in 4.14.259 with commit 90491283b406
	Fixed in 4.19.222 with commit 04181973c38f
	Fixed in 5.4.168 with commit b847ecff8507
	Fixed in 5.10.88 with commit a9078e791426
	Fixed in 5.15.11 with commit dfc3fff63793
	Fixed in 5.16 with commit e0a2c28da11e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47576
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/scsi_debug.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/adcecd50da6cab7b4957cba0606771dcc846c5a9
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/90491283b4064220682e4b0687d07b05df01e3bf
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/04181973c38f3d6a353f9246dcf7fee08024fd9e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b847ecff850719c46c95acd25a0d555dfd16e10d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a9078e791426c2cbbdf28a320c3670f6e0a611e6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dfc3fff63793c571147930b13c0f8c689c4281ac
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/e0a2c28da11e2c2b963fc01d50acbf03045ac732