Subject: CVE-2021-47570: staging: r8188eu: fix a memory leak in rtw_wx_read32()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

staging: r8188eu: fix a memory leak in rtw_wx_read32()

Free "ptmp" before returning -EINVAL.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47570 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 2b42bd58b321 and fixed in 5.15.6 with commit c8d3775745ad
	Issue introduced in 5.15 with commit 2b42bd58b321 and fixed in 5.16 with commit be4ea8f38355

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47570
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/staging/r8188eu/os_dep/ioctl_linux.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c8d3775745adacf9784a7a80a82d047051752573
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/be4ea8f383551b9dae11b8dfff1f38b3b5436e9a