Subject: CVE-2021-47547: net: tulip: de4x5: fix the problem that the array 'lp->phy[8]' may be out of bound

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net: tulip: de4x5: fix the problem that the array 'lp->phy[8]' may be out of bound

In line 5001, if all id in the array 'lp->phy[8]' is not 0, when the
'for' end, the 'k' is 8.

At this time, the array 'lp->phy[8]' may be out of bound.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47547 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 4.4.294 with commit ec5bd0aef1ce
	Fixed in 4.9.292 with commit 142ead3dc704
	Fixed in 4.14.257 with commit d3dedaa5a601
	Fixed in 4.19.220 with commit 2c1a6a9a011d
	Fixed in 5.4.164 with commit 77ff16690945
	Fixed in 5.10.84 with commit f059fa40f0fc
	Fixed in 5.15.7 with commit 12f907cb1157
	Fixed in 5.16 with commit 61217be886b5

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47547
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/dec/tulip/de4x5.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ec5bd0aef1cec96830d0c7e06d3597d9e786cc98
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/142ead3dc70411bd5977e8c47a6d8bf22287b3f8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d3dedaa5a601107cfedda087209772c76e364d58
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/2c1a6a9a011d622a7c61324a97a49801ba425eff
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/77ff166909458646e66450e42909e0adacc99049
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f059fa40f0fcc6bc7a12e0f2a2504e9a4ff74f1f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/12f907cb11576b8cd0b1d95a16d1f10ed5bb7237
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/61217be886b5f7402843677e4be7e7e83de9cb41