Subject: CVE-2021-47535: drm/msm/a6xx: Allocate enough space for GMU registers

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/msm/a6xx: Allocate enough space for GMU registers

In commit 142639a52a01 ("drm/msm/a6xx: fix crashstate capture for
A650") we changed a6xx_get_gmu_registers() to read 3 sets of
registers. Unfortunately, we didn't change the memory allocation for
the array. That leads to a KASAN warning (this was on the chromeos-5.4
kernel, which has the problematic commit backported to it):

  BUG: KASAN: slab-out-of-bounds in _a6xx_get_gmu_registers+0x144/0x430
  Write of size 8 at addr ffffff80c89432b0 by task A618-worker/209
  CPU: 5 PID: 209 Comm: A618-worker Tainted: G        W         5.4.156-lockdep #22
  Hardware name: Google Lazor Limozeen without Touchscreen (rev5 - rev8) (DT)
  Call trace:
   dump_backtrace+0x0/0x248
   show_stack+0x20/0x2c
   dump_stack+0x128/0x1ec
   print_address_description+0x88/0x4a0
   __kasan_report+0xfc/0x120
   kasan_report+0x10/0x18
   __asan_report_store8_noabort+0x1c/0x24
   _a6xx_get_gmu_registers+0x144/0x430
   a6xx_gpu_state_get+0x330/0x25d4
   msm_gpu_crashstate_capture+0xa0/0x84c
   recover_worker+0x328/0x838
   kthread_worker_fn+0x32c/0x574
   kthread+0x2dc/0x39c
   ret_from_fork+0x10/0x18

  Allocated by task 209:
   __kasan_kmalloc+0xfc/0x1c4
   kasan_kmalloc+0xc/0x14
   kmem_cache_alloc_trace+0x1f0/0x2a0
   a6xx_gpu_state_get+0x164/0x25d4
   msm_gpu_crashstate_capture+0xa0/0x84c
   recover_worker+0x328/0x838
   kthread_worker_fn+0x32c/0x574
   kthread+0x2dc/0x39c
   ret_from_fork+0x10/0x18

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47535 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 142639a52a01 and fixed in 5.10.84 with commit d646856a600e
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 142639a52a01 and fixed in 5.15.7 with commit 83e54fcf0b14
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 142639a52a01 and fixed in 5.16 with commit b4d25abf9720

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47535
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/msm/adreno/a6xx_gpu_state.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/d646856a600e8635ba498f20b194219b158626e8
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/83e54fcf0b14ca2d869dd37abe1bb6542805f538
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/b4d25abf9720b69a03465b09d0d62d1998ed6708