Subject: CVE-2021-47529: iwlwifi: Fix memory leaks in error handling path

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

iwlwifi: Fix memory leaks in error handling path

Should an error occur (invalid TLV len or memory allocation failure), the
memory already allocated in 'reduce_power_data' should be freed before
returning, otherwise it is leaking.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47529 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 9dad325f9d57 and fixed in 5.15.7 with commit 4768935c2540
	Issue introduced in 5.14 with commit 9dad325f9d57 and fixed in 5.16 with commit a571bc28326d

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47529
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/wireless/intel/iwlwifi/fw/uefi.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/4768935c25403ba96e7a745645df24a51a774b7e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a571bc28326d9f3e13f5f2d9cda2883e0631b0ce