Subject: CVE-2021-47526: serial: liteuart: Fix NULL pointer dereference in ->remove()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

serial: liteuart: Fix NULL pointer dereference in ->remove()

drvdata has to be set in _probe() - otherwise platform_get_drvdata()
causes null pointer dereference BUG in _remove().

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47526 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 1da81e5562fa and fixed in 5.15.7 with commit 189c99c629bb
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 1da81e5562fa and fixed in 5.16 with commit 0f55f89d98c8

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47526
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/tty/serial/liteuart.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/189c99c629bbf85916c02c153f904649cc0a9d7f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0f55f89d98c8b3e12b4f55f71c127a173e29557c