Subject: CVE-2021-47524: serial: liteuart: fix minor-number leak on probe errors

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

serial: liteuart: fix minor-number leak on probe errors

Make sure to release the allocated minor number before returning on
probe errors.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47524 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 1da81e5562fa and fixed in 5.15.7 with commit 888fc81107ca
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 1da81e5562fa and fixed in 5.16 with commit dd5e90b16cca

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47524
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/tty/serial/liteuart.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/888fc81107cacd2a4f681bac7bb785cef868214f
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/dd5e90b16cca8a697cbe17b72e2a5f49291cabb2