Subject: CVE-2021-47484: octeontx2-af: Fix possible null pointer dereference.

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

octeontx2-af: Fix possible null pointer dereference.

This patch fixes possible null pointer dereference in files
"rvu_debugfs.c" and "rvu_nix.c"

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47484 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit 8756828a8148 and fixed in 5.14.16 with commit f1e3cd1cc802
	Issue introduced in 5.5 with commit 8756828a8148 and fixed in 5.15 with commit c2d4c543f74c

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47484
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/rvu_debugfs.c
	drivers/net/ethernet/marvell/octeontx2/af/rvu_nix.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/f1e3cd1cc80204fd02b9e9843450925a2af90dc0
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c2d4c543f74c90f883e8ec62a31973ae8807d354