Subject: CVE-2021-47473: scsi: qla2xxx: Fix a memory leak in an error path of qla2x00_process_els()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

scsi: qla2xxx: Fix a memory leak in an error path of qla2x00_process_els()

Commit 8c0eb596baa5 ("[SCSI] qla2xxx: Fix a memory leak in an error path of
qla2x00_process_els()"), intended to change:

        bsg_job->request->msgcode == FC_BSG_HST_ELS_NOLOGIN

        bsg_job->request->msgcode != FC_BSG_RPT_ELS

but changed it to:

        bsg_job->request->msgcode == FC_BSG_RPT_ELS

instead.

Change the == to a != to avoid leaking the fcport structure or freeing
unallocated memory.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47473 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 3.11 with commit 8c0eb596baa5 and fixed in 5.10.76 with commit 96f0aebf29be
	Issue introduced in 3.11 with commit 8c0eb596baa5 and fixed in 5.14.15 with commit a7fbb56e6c94
	Issue introduced in 3.11 with commit 8c0eb596baa5 and fixed in 5.15 with commit 7fb223d0ad80

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47473
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/scsi/qla2xxx/qla_bsg.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/96f0aebf29be25254fa585af43924e34aa21fd9a
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a7fbb56e6c941d9f59437b96412a348e66388d3e
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7fb223d0ad801f633c78cbe42b1d1b55f5d163ad