Subject: CVE-2021-47437: iio: adis16475: fix deadlock on frequency set

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

iio: adis16475: fix deadlock on frequency set

With commit 39c024b51b560
("iio: adis16475: improve sync scale mode handling"), two deadlocks were
introduced:
 1) The call to 'adis_write_reg_16()' was not changed to it's unlocked
    version.
 2) The lock was not being released on the success path of the function.

This change fixes both these issues.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47437 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 39c024b51b56 and fixed in 5.14.14 with commit 04e03b907022
	Issue introduced in 5.13 with commit 39c024b51b56 and fixed in 5.15 with commit 9da1b86865ab

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47437
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/iio/imu/adis16475.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/04e03b907022ebd876f422f17efcc2c6cc934dc6
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9da1b86865ab4376408c58cd9fec332c8bdb5c73