Subject: CVE-2021-47432: lib/generic-radix-tree.c: Don't overflow in peek()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

lib/generic-radix-tree.c: Don't overflow in peek()

When we started spreading new inode numbers throughout most of the 64
bit inode space, that triggered some corner case bugs, in particular
some integer overflows related to the radix tree code. Oops.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47432 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Fixed in 6.1.64 with commit 784d01f9bbc2
	Fixed in 6.5.13 with commit ec298b958cb0
	Fixed in 6.6.3 with commit aa7f18279531
	Fixed in 6.7 with commit 9492261ff246

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47432
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	include/linux/generic-radix-tree.h
	lib/generic-radix-tree.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/784d01f9bbc282abb0c5ade5beb98a87f50343ac
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/ec298b958cb0c40d70c68079da933c8f31c5134c
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/aa7f1827953100cdde0795289a80c6c077bfe437
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/9492261ff2460252cf2d8de89cdf854c7e2b28a0