Subject: CVE-2021-47422: drm/nouveau/kms/nv50-: fix file release memory leak

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

drm/nouveau/kms/nv50-: fix file release memory leak

When using single_open() for opening, single_release() should be
called, otherwise the 'op' allocated in single_open() will be leaked.

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47422 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 12885ecbfe62 and fixed in 5.10.73 with commit 65fff0a8efcd
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 12885ecbfe62 and fixed in 5.14.12 with commit 0b4e9fc14973
	Issue introduced in 5.9 with commit 12885ecbfe62 and fixed in 5.15 with commit 0b3d4945cc7e

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47422
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	drivers/gpu/drm/nouveau/dispnv50/crc.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/65fff0a8efcdca8d84ffe3e23057c3b32403482d
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0b4e9fc14973a94ac0520f19b3633493ae13c912
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/0b3d4945cc7e7ea1acd52cb06dfa83bfe265b6d5