Subject: CVE-2021-47419: net/sched: sch_taprio: properly cancel timer from taprio_destroy()

From: Greg Kroah-Hartman <[email-masked]>

Description
===========

In the Linux kernel, the following vulnerability has been resolved:

net/sched: sch_taprio: properly cancel timer from taprio_destroy()

There is a comment in qdisc_create() about us not calling ops->reset()
in some cases.

err_out4:
	/*
	 * Any broken qdiscs that would require a ops->reset() here?
	 * The qdisc was never in action so it shouldn't be necessary.
	 */

As taprio sets a timer before actually receiving a packet, we need
to cancel it from ops->destroy, just in case ops->reset has not
been called.

syzbot reported:

ODEBUG: free active (active state 0) object type: hrtimer hint: advance_sched+0x0/0x9a0 arch/x86/include/asm/atomic64_64.h:22
WARNING: CPU: 0 PID: 8441 at lib/debugobjects.c:505 debug_print_object+0x16e/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:505
Modules linked in:
CPU: 0 PID: 8441 Comm: syz-executor813 Not tainted 5.14.0-rc6-syzkaller #0
Hardware name: Google Google Compute Engine/Google Compute Engine, BIOS Google 01/01/2011
RIP: 0010:debug_print_object+0x16e/0x250 lib/debugobjects.c:505
Code: ff df 48 89 fa 48 c1 ea 03 80 3c 02 00 0f 85 af 00 00 00 48 8b 14 dd e0 d3 e3 89 4c 89 ee 48 c7 c7 e0 c7 e3 89 e8 5b 86 11 05 <0f> 0b 83 05 85 03 92 09 01 48 83 c4 18 5b 5d 41 5c 41 5d 41 5e c3
RSP: 0018:ffffc9000130f330 EFLAGS: 00010282
RAX: 0000000000000000 RBX: 0000000000000003 RCX: 0000000000000000
RDX: ffff88802baeb880 RSI: ffffffff815d87b5 RDI: fffff52000261e58
RBP: 0000000000000001 R08: 0000000000000000 R09: 0000000000000000
R10: ffffffff815d25ee R11: 0000000000000000 R12: ffffffff898dd020
R13: ffffffff89e3ce20 R14: ffffffff81653630 R15: dffffc0000000000
FS:  0000000000f0d300(0000) GS:ffff8880b9d00000(0000) knlGS:0000000000000000
CS:  0010 DS: 0000 ES: 0000 CR0: 0000000080050033
CR2: 00007ffb64b3e000 CR3: 0000000036557000 CR4: 00000000001506e0
DR0: 0000000000000000 DR1: 0000000000000000 DR2: 0000000000000000
DR3: 0000000000000000 DR6: 00000000fffe0ff0 DR7: 0000000000000400
Call Trace:
 __debug_check_no_obj_freed lib/debugobjects.c:987 [inline]
 debug_check_no_obj_freed+0x301/0x420 lib/debugobjects.c:1018
 slab_free_hook mm/slub.c:1603 [inline]
 slab_free_freelist_hook+0x171/0x240 mm/slub.c:1653
 slab_free mm/slub.c:3213 [inline]
 kfree+0xe4/0x540 mm/slub.c:4267
 qdisc_create+0xbcf/0x1320 net/sched/sch_api.c:1299
 tc_modify_qdisc+0x4c8/0x1a60 net/sched/sch_api.c:1663
 rtnetlink_rcv_msg+0x413/0xb80 net/core/rtnetlink.c:5571
 netlink_rcv_skb+0x153/0x420 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:2504
 netlink_unicast_kernel net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1314 [inline]
 netlink_unicast+0x533/0x7d0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1340
 netlink_sendmsg+0x86d/0xdb0 net/netlink/af_netlink.c:1929
 sock_sendmsg_nosec net/socket.c:704 [inline]
 sock_sendmsg+0xcf/0x120 net/socket.c:724
 ____sys_sendmsg+0x6e8/0x810 net/socket.c:2403
 ___sys_sendmsg+0xf3/0x170 net/socket.c:2457
 __sys_sendmsg+0xe5/0x1b0 net/socket.c:2486
 do_syscall_x64 arch/x86/entry/common.c:50 [inline]
 do_syscall_64+0x35/0xb0 arch/x86/entry/common.c:80

The Linux kernel CVE team has assigned CVE-2021-47419 to this issue.

Affected and fixed versions
===========================

	Issue introduced in 5.4.87 with commit c71c512f4a65 and fixed in 5.4.153 with commit c951c08a5996
	Issue introduced in 5.10.5 with commit a969a632cbe7 and fixed in 5.10.73 with commit 3ec73ffeef54
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 44d4775ca518 and fixed in 5.14.12 with commit 7a1c1af34104
	Issue introduced in 5.11 with commit 44d4775ca518 and fixed in 5.15 with commit a56d447f196f

Please see https://www.kernel.org for a full list of currently supported
kernel versions by the kernel community.

Unaffected versions might change over time as fixes are backported to
older supported kernel versions.  The official CVE entry at
	https://cve.org/CVERecord/?id=CVE-2021-47419
will be updated if fixes are backported, please check that for the most
up to date information about this issue.

Affected files
==============

The file(s) affected by this issue are:
	net/sched/sch_taprio.c

Mitigation
==========

The Linux kernel CVE team recommends that you update to the latest
stable kernel version for this, and many other bugfixes.  Individual
changes are never tested alone, but rather are part of a larger kernel
release.  Cherry-picking individual commits is not recommended or
supported by the Linux kernel community at all.  If however, updating to
the latest release is impossible, the individual changes to resolve this
issue can be found at these commits:
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/c951c08a5996365aecbc5f1a9bddec3905e1ddfc
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/3ec73ffeef54596c32aff0e73fe60971b9c8b866
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/7a1c1af341041221b3acb9d7036cc2b43e0efa75
	https://git.kernel.org/stable/c/a56d447f196fa9973c568f54c0d76d5391c3b0c0